This is one of the most amazing places I’ve seen around here – I literally felt like I was in another country – in the Deep South of the USA, the Backwoods, the Bayous!
This ‘weekend getaway’ (that hasn’t been ‘gotten away in’ for quite a few years) is an unreal little fantasy world on the water – the deep tidal, fish-filled waters of Connection Creek/Maria River.
This unused grubby looking old weekender cabin doesn’t just have one of the best waterfront locations I’ve ever seen but it’s also very solid and sound – but yes, Selling homes Australia would have a lot of work to do to get this one looking snazzy.
But if you can visualize the lifestyle someone (most likely an absolute fishing freak or kayak nut) would have here. I have not seen a dwelling this close yet this protected from a river. Talk about living on the waters edge!
And yes, this is fantastic fishing here folks and the birdlife is world class and you can easily navigate all the way to Port Macquarie – I mean house boats come up here, even little trailer sailors.
Actually the pictures were taken on a dull afternoon, they simply don’t do it justice… You just have to come and see it for yourself.
– 19.28Ha. (47.6 Ac) approx. of unbelievable water frontage to Maria River (navigable to the ocean).
– Structurally sound 1 bedroom cottage needing work – but has building consent with Council!
– Council approval for septic system (yet to be installed).
– No power.
– 2x open bay sheds.
– Approximately 14km from the center of Crescent Head village.
– All weather, easy driveway.
– Land subject to flooding.
– 15 minutes to Crescent Head, 20 minutes to Port Macquarie.
Call us any day/anytime to hook this one!